Tuesday 26 May 2009

Cushion Craze!

I have finally got round to finishing my grass cushions off, not finally in that it was a chore because they were great to make maybe a little too great because now i am having dreams about felting loads of different designs on to different material, more textured cushions, etc, etc, But where am i going to put them all? I love how the first grassy cushion turned out i decided to make a long one as well it is amazing what you can do with a little bit of roving and some leftover material & now i have my sewing machine up & running i can see a whole lot off cushions appearing all over my house! I know cushions is a bit off the mark from my usual felt jewellery but it is good to have a change now & again. The whole cushion idea came about due to my recent change in colour scheme for my living room which i might add is now green & will be green forever more unless i win the lottery & can pay someone else to do the decorating for me. Anyway i had been looking around the shops for green cushions but all the ones in my price range were all plain & i wanted something with a bit off texture & color to it, so that's when the idea came to me, i love felt have plenty old material lying about that i always say i'm going to do something with but never get round to it so why not add them together to come up with my own special textured colourful cushions at a fraction of the price. One of my friends has recently got Engaged so i thought i would make them a special cushion i know it is not the usual engagement present but they already have the usual kitchen appliances & enough towels to start their own Spa, plus i got to experiment with another idea so hopefully once i get it sewn up they will like it even if it just gets chucked in a corner somewhere i will be happy. Other than decorating, recovering from a bad back & chest infection i have been planning my next experiment i am starting to sound like a mad scientist but there is that much different things i want to try out. I am just waiting on some candle making supplies coming so hopefully by the next time i blog i will have attempted to make my first candle, fingers are itching to get back to the cushions so i will leave it their for the night, sleep tight!

No comments: