Wednesday 15 April 2009

"FUN"

I was checking up my last post their & had to have a wee giggle to myself about my title Calm (ha ha) got that wrong their anyway we have all been laid up for the last 2 weeks with a so called 24 hour bug, so the first week or so of the Easter holidays has not been the best but i did manage to get sun burnt believe it or not after deciding to pull myself to my front garden & fell asleep. I know not one of my clever moments which i might add are very few & far between at the moment but anyway it was good to see the sun. Now it is gone, of course every year it does disappear when the the Links Market in Kirkcaldy arrives everyone in Fife has to pull out their Winter woollies & pretend to enjoy getting our butts frozen as we drag the kids for a mile up the links to be completely skint by the time we reach the other end but at least you can see the kids enjoying themselves. I never managed to get hardly any photos off them because they never stood still long enough. I am totally turning in to an old grouch i just moaned all the time we were their about people bangin into us, i thought if we went down for it opening it would not be as busy but as usual i was wrong. I spent most the time holding on to them, i am surprised they have not got bruises i was so worried they were going to get lost or worse. I don't know if it because i am on my own with them & panicking that something bad is going to happen all the time or do i have some sort of obsessive problem? Hollie is starting to get to that age that she wants to try out the fast & far too high rides but i feel sick just watching them the fact that she wants to go on them just fills me with pure terror. I never used to be like this a few years ago you would have found me first in line to go on everything now i am a paranoid wreck at the thought of my babies growing up & going on these things. I think next year i will have to stay at home and just let them go with their Dad, i can sit at home worried sick wondering if they are going to make it home in one piece & they can to go & have "fun" as they call it.

After that huge moan i forgot to tell you about the photo at the top it is my finished project i have been working on & off for weeks, thanks to my wonderful kids giving me a glue gun for Mothers Day i finally managed to get the copper heart stuck down. Once i manage to work it properly without making so much mess i might be able to start making thins that don't have glue showing where it shouldn't be but until that day comes this is as best i have got hope you like it.

2 comments:

Aileen Clarke Crafts said...

The piece with the hearts is really beautiful. Get them into production! They would make lovely brooches or framed pieces. Never underestimate what will sell in a frame. You can apply similar designs to thin wet felted panels so that they are not too thick to go in a frame : )

Trinket Tree said...

Thanks Aileen the hearts were a bit tricky but they turned out not too bad on the finished piece. The wet felted panel sounds like a better idea for framing plus i have a few bits already lying around so will be trying that out soon :)